Search This Blog

Friday 12 October 2018

SPF/ 30 - Sub Pop at 30


As is my want whilst on holiday I bought the latest issue of Uncut.
The front cover and main feature was all about the release of the David Bowie box set Loving the Alien (1993 -1998).It looks interesting enough but I can't see me forking out over £200 for it.

The free CD however is an absolute belter. SPF/30 is a compilation of mostly new songs celebrating 30 years of  Seattle's Sub Pop records. I wonder whether Sub Pop will feature on The Sound of Being OK's list of favourite record labels?

I'm only familiar with 4 or 5 of the 15 artists featured but every single song would be worthy of inclusion today. You should seek this one out.

I've gone for two of the new to me artists, Loma with Relay Runner and Yuno with No Going Back. I've left it to others to provide the background blurb.
It is great to see a fabulous label not resting on it's laurels and coming up with some great new and exciting artists. Here's to the next 30 years.

Loma - Relay Runner

Yuno - No Going Back


1 comment:

  1. It is indeed CC. Quite high up as it happens. I bought the Rolling Blackouts C F just yesterday And it is very highly recommended.
    Swc.

    ReplyDelete