Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 October 2018

Everything You Thought Was Right Was Wrong Today



Amazingly there were no doublers in my recent holiday haul.
The nearest I came to this was with the purchase of Everything You Thought Was Right Was Wrong Today an album from 2000 on New West Records by the spendidly named Slobberbone which I purchased in Dunblane.

I knew I had two by them, including this one, and that at least one was a burn. So 50/50 or so I thought.
Turns out they were both burns so I was able to upgrade  this one.

An Americana band from the Texas college town of Denton who can make a splendid racket on occasions. and a band who possessed the world's tallest bass player in the shape of Brian Lane (nearest to the left on the above picture).
Stephen King has described Gimme Back My Dog as one of the top three rock'n'roll songs ever. I'm not sure that I would go that far but it is pretty tasty



2 comments:

  1. Perhaps not one of the top three rock'n'roll songs ever, but definitely a splendid racket all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn’t do a very good job of putting me off! There was enough in these two tracks to make me want to hear more. You were wrong about the band name though. Gross.

    ReplyDelete