Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Driving Through Glencoe with Carly Simon





On Sunday we drove up to Ballachullsh for an overnight a Christmas present from my brother and sister-in-law.
The weather was pretty stunning for this time of year and the views were pretty spectacular as you will see if you click on this link of us driving through Glencoe with Carly Simon


Apologies that my technical limitations don't allow a simple press play.
The weather on Monday was pretty reasonable and we drove home via Oban and Lochgilphead where there were some charity shop purchases.
Stay tuned.

Carly Simon - My One and Only Love

Carly Simon - You're So Vain


And for Brian

Carly Simon - In the Still of the Night

15 comments:

  1. I seem to remember you got a similar Christmas present last year which led to a trip away and some CC Shop purchases.

    Love your Road Movie complete with soundtrack! It has been really cold this week so far but because of the clear skies there has been some stunning scenery - Snow on the Ben up with us, but beautiful.

    Great song choices today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to hear your flat weegie singing voice as part of the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George is so rude sometimes! I'm guessing you guys go back a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed
      And he has heard my singing before - marginally better than his!

      Delete
    2. Maybe we should let your readers decide.....

      Delete
    3. Alyson, that's me being complimentary to CC

      Delete
  4. You're driving on the wrong side of the road, my dear boy! Looks like such a lovely drive. Sounds like you're listening to In the Still of the Night. Who was singing that version? I'm partial to Julie London myself. Looking forward to hearing what you found on the trip. Always a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, CC. I didn't quite make out it was Carly before. Such a good song. Big fan of Cole Porter tunes.

      Delete
  5. It's Carly
    Looks like I posted the wrong song from Moonlight Serenade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a shit day. That clip is the best thing I've seen today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great new idea for bloggers - Music and scenery whilst we drive! Just got the annual service/MOT done today so I’m good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent clip. Great driving music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BBC 4 re-ran a Classic Albums documentary on Carly Simon tonight (I missed the original) but my wife thought it better we watch Requiem. Doh! I'll have to resort to BBCiPlayer (again) I suppose ha ha

    ReplyDelete