Search This Blog

Friday 17 November 2017

True Faith


The most recent edition of Mojo has really come up trumps with their monthly cover Cd.
Entitled True Faith it consists of 15  tracks of soul-stirring gospel, country and blues.(here)

A fair proportion of gospel giants feature and I reserve the right to revisit this at a later date and feature some of them probably on the Sunday slot.
Initially I have been grabbed by the two songs below
The first track is a rehearsal version of Slow Train by Bob Dylan which features horns. A terrific version available on Trouble No More: The Bootleg Series Vol 13 (1979 -1981)
I only have Volume 4 Bob Dylan Live 1966 : The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert.
I should probably  get more.

I've not heard much stuff by Odetta but what I have heard has been top quality. This traditional gospel song from 1960 is no exception

Bob Dylan - Slow Train (Rehearsal)

Odetta - Go Tell It On The Mountain

5 comments:

  1. Hit Or Miss is a great track by Odetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost forgot the great voice of Odetta. Thank's for this CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some toptastic tracks on that Mojo. I exclude that peculiar version of slow train comin' with its mish-mash of styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Trouble No More' is marvellous, as indeed have been all the other recent Bootleg Series releases. My only problem is the lack of hours in the day to get through it all. I've had the set for a fortnight and still have 3 discs to explore.
    For my money 'Vol. 8: Tell Tale Signs: Rare and Unreleased 1989–2006' is the cream of the crop so far. Jaw-dropping stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding. Thanks, CC, for another great post to start the weekend!

    ReplyDelete