Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Belated Four Candles


For some inexplicable reason I failed to notice and commemorate that Charity Chic Music turned four on 25th November.
Better late than never I suppose
So much music and words has flowed under the bridge in that period with many comments (mostly positive!) and many new friendships formed .

To belatedly celebrate this auspicious occasion (and because I am four days late)  four songs involving the number four.Hell, I've even managed to track down some Four Tops.

Gang of Four - To Hell With Poverty

The Four Brothers -Makorokoto

The Clash - Four Horsemen

Four Tops - Reach Out, I'll Be There

And for those of you outside the UK who have no idea as to the four candles reference

15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday then, CC: Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A splendid group of tunes to celebrate your 4th birthday CC - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As The Swede should have said, "ALMOST a splendid group of tunes to celebrate your 4th birthday CC - congratulations!"
    I'm impressed you can keep it up for four years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't find a weak link amongst them George!

      Delete
  4. I can't either. And as Dirk says, Keep up the good work!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only 4? Really? You don't look a day over... etc. etc.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday dear CCM blog - congrats!
    A great selection of tracks and, of course, one of the best comedy clips ever ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated Happy 4th Birthday - and more power to your blogging elbow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tsk! Tsk - I guess you forgot because you were too busy working up the rest of this week's posts! Happy 4th Birthday, CC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done - happy belated 4th birthday. Best comedy clip ever and look at you fitting in 4 Songs, 4 Tops & 4 Candles into your 4 day old, 4 year anniversary. Wait a minute that's 5 things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done CC. And a great Clash track to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, CC. That's a lot of posts, my friend. I always look forward to seeing what you've cooked up each day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday!! Thanks for letting me play!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 4 years is good going and a long stint for this sort of cultural journalism - long may you keep at it! Ah, The Four Brothers' Makorokoto - what a stunning sound - takes me back 20 odd years. Peel was the man mainly responsible (well him and Andy Kershaw on the BBC and Charlie Gillett too though I never really caught his radio shows). That chiming pan-African guitar sound is so infectious. Peel regularly played different genres of African music to eager UK listeners. All gone now sadly. Hope I'm wrong - if somebody's still doing it let me know cos I just dont hear enough of it these days.

    ReplyDelete