Search This Blog

Monday 5 August 2024

August Guest Post

 


When I did my recent Guest Post post I received the following comment from Marco:


Another guest post..

My birthday is in very early August so I thought I'd chance my arm with 'August 19' by Highschool from this year a song from that incredibly fecund music city Melbourne.

 'Juarez' by We Are Augustines (2012),

 "A Child's Question, August" (2023) by her PJ Harveyfulness (still just about getting over accepting a gong) and finally the much (unfairly) mocked August Darnell with his vocals on, "Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy" from an eye-watering 42 years back. Yikes.

 Keep up the good work. 

Marcofaegla

Happy to oblige Marco and I hope you enjoyed your birthday if it's passed. If not, I hope you enjoy it when it comes. Love the P.J. Harvey song.

I'm happy to receive any guest posts, within reason and would be grateful for a little blurb and digital copies of the songs requested if possible.

A bit of a coincidence as I just picked up a vinyl copy of Tropical Gangsters in a charity shop a few days ago. It will feature in due course.


HighSchool - August 19

Augestines -Juarez

P.J.Harvey - A Child's Question , August

Kid Creole & the Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy

2 comments:

  1. That will be quite enough talk about fecundity, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie I'm Not Your Daddy is a damn fine track

    ReplyDelete