Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 August 2024

Alternator


I'm back to burning and digitalising some CD compilations to free up some space on the shelves.

From 1996 and on the Dino Entertainment label Alternator is a 21 track indie compilation  - tracklist here My copy cost me £1.99 from Missing Records.

There is some decent stuff and some dross. I have most of the good stuff elsewhere so I can justify it as being surplus to requirements 

Here are three of the better ones from Sugar, Pixies and the Breeders.

Despite the utterly predictable news about Oasis getting back together to fill their boots I somehow have resisted the temptation to feature Supersonic. 

No need to thank me.


Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind

Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven

The Breeders - Divine Hammer

7 comments:

  1. Who needs Oasis, if we can listen to Sugar, Pixies or Breeders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have posted that Smoking Popes tracks, it's a belter. (I know someone who would take that cd off your hands, maybe swap it for the lemonade to go in your OVD?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a bargain at £1.99 - even if just for those three tracks plus Skunk Anansie and PJ Harvey. Whereas I wouldn't even pay that for an Oasis ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lot just need to roll with it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks there, CC, you really can’t go wrong with those three. But what an odd cover! Looks even weirder when you pore over it some more.

    And the only Oasis I’m remotely interested in buying is the soft drink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason I never had any time for Sugar unlike Pixies who I loved and The Breeders to a much lesser extent. Listening to that Sugar track now though, if it had been recorded by any other band I would certainly have liked it. What's going on there do you think? Should I see a psychiatrist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if he/she prescribes that you listen to their album Copper Blue

      Delete