Search This Blog

Sunday 18 August 2024

Laughing Len Sunday - Recent Songs

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases # 53 - Leonard Cohen - Recent Songs

The last time we were in the Wigtown Community Shop someone had handed in a number of Leonard Cohen CDs.

Mrs CC is a bigger fan than me and instructed me to buy them - five albums in total. I must admit that I am enjoying them more than I thought I would.

This gives me a bit of a dilemma. Should I feature them all as part of the 2024 Charity Shop purchases or not. And if so, do I phase them in gradually or so for a Laughing Len Sunday Series as his music is probably best listened to on a Sunday. Your suggestions are welcome.

In the meantime here is Recent Songs his 6th studio album from 1979 and as with all the others on the Columbia label. Wiki tells us that it is a return to his normal acoustic folk music sound after the Phil Spector-driven experimentation of Death  of a Ladies Man but now with many jazz and Oriental  influences.

Death of a Ladies Man is not one of the five we picked up. I don't know whether that is a good or a bad thing.

 Len may or may not appear here again next Sunday. The public will decide.


Leonard Cohen - Came So Far For Beauty

Leonard Cohen - Our Lady of Solitude



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Please no.I suffered 1 min 41 seconds of the first and 53 seconds of the second. That was enough.

      Delete
    2. I didn't listen to them at all, I was being supportive.

      Delete
  2. Yes please. I like anything Leonard

    ReplyDelete