Search This Blog

Monday 26 August 2024

Now That's What I Call Quite Good

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases # 57 - The Housemartins -Now That's What I Call Quite Good

I don't think that I have any songs with House Martin in the title for my Friday I Like Birds series so here is the next best thing.

For some reason that I can't quite fathom there are no albums by the Fourth Best Band in Hull on the shelves although I'm pretty sure I once had a recording of  London 0 Hull 4 . I thought I had posted some of the songs from that album fairly recently but it turns out that it was as far back as September 2020. Time Flies. As you can see it was well received at the time.

Therefore it was a no brainer to pick up the 1998 compilation Now That's What I Call Quite Good on Go! Discs. 24 tracks for a quid! Outstanding value .

What a great band.

The Housemartins - Think For a Minute

The Housemartins - The People Who Grinned Themselves to Death

The Housemartins - Me and the Farmer

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Housemartins. Given enough alcohol back in the day, I and a few of my muckers were known to give the Happy Hour dance a good seeing to in the middle of the pub, much to the amusement of all and sundry.

    ReplyDelete