Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 August 2024

Acid Daze

 



2024 Charity Shop Purchases # 50 - Various Artists - Acid Daze

I think this one will be right up C's street and quite possibly the streets of George, Spence, John and The Swede

It is an Uncut compilation from June 2003 and to give it its full title Acid Daze - 18 Psychedelic Classics from the UK Underground. The tracklist is here and it can be picked up for buttons

Now you may think that this is not the kind of thing that I would usually plump for and you would be correct. However I was happy to take a punt for 16.66p as part of a 3 for 50p.

For what it's worth I quite like about half of the 18 tracks including the three below.

If you are surprised at me purchasing this you will be even more surprised at one of the other two!









9 comments:

  1. Love this kind of music too. Great songs too and there are many more to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they Nadir's Last Chance by Peter Hammill , and A Wombling Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ........and I am going to play one of those albums right now!

      Delete
    2. Nadir's Big Chance, of course.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely right up my street! Great choices, thanks CC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did someone say Octopus? http://www.johnmedd.com/2020/03/1970-35.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do indeed have this comp. Some great tracks other than those you played. Ice In The Sun - Status Quo, Purple Gang's - Granny Takes A Trip and the best of all The Hollies' King Midas In Reverse

    ReplyDelete