Search This Blog

Monday 19 August 2024

Down, Down, Down

 


Down at the Doctors by Dr Feelgood popped up on the MP3 player at the gym the other day.

This got me thinking about a series of songs with Down in the title or an Up and Down compare and contrast series. 

The sheer volume made me decide that it was not  really an option as we would be here from now to Doomsday.

Therefore I think we will settle for Canvey Island's finest, the Quo and Odetta.

You won't get a better start to your week than that.


Dr Feelgood - Down at the Doctors

Status Quo - Down Down

Odetta - Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out




5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. One day I'll bore you with the story of my unsuccessful attempt to teach the Quo 'dance' to a group of Ethiopian dancers in Bahir Dar.

      Delete
    2. Wot? No "Down in the tubestation at midnight", or "Downtown" (B52 version)?

      Delete
  2. May I humbly ask you to reconsider your nixing of an Up and Down compare and contrast series. I reckon there's good mileage in that.

    ReplyDelete