Search This Blog

Saturday 24 August 2024

Saturday Shuffle 66


 

Get your kicks with Saturday Shuffle 66. 

We start with Glasgow band Wojtek the Bear and Slow TV a song from one of their early EPs Old Names For New Shapes on the much missed Scottish Fiction label. The origin of their name is always worth sharing.

Next up is Atlanta based Mattiel Brown with perhaps her most famous number Millionaire from her 2019 Satis Factory album.

This week concludes with the title track of Heaven 17's  debut album Penthouse and Pavement ranked by the NME as the fifth best album from 1981.

Wojtek the Bear - Slow TV

Mattiel - Millionaire

Heaven 17 - Penthouse and Pavement

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Wojtek the Bear story more than the song to be honest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of Wotjek The Bear until I joined Last Night From Glasgow. I quite like their current album, though I had to look up the story (and pronunciation!)

    I like Mattiel's music, especially some of her dub excursions from a couple of years ago.

    And Penthouse And Pavement is one of Heaven 17's finest songs. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete