Search This Blog

Saturday 17 August 2024

Saturday Shuffle 65

 


It's Country all the way this week folks - such are the vagaries of the shuffle.

I once saw the country singer Steve Young play at King Tuts to an audience of less than 30 people. Undeterred he put on a terrific show although I bet he wished that he was Going Back to California.

Next in what is a first the MP3 player threw out two songs in a row from the same album namely the brilliant Americana compilation Viva Americana

I may be making the rules up as I go along but I have decided that it would not be fair to feature two songs from the same album on the one shuffle. I'm sure others will disagree but hey - my series, my rules.

Kieran Kane is therefore put on the back burner as  I give you Sid Griffen with Cadillac Elvis.

An unintended but very welcome consequence of me playing fast and loose is that we get to hear Kelly Hogan and the Pine Valley Cosmonauts and their brilliant cover version of the Magnetic Fields song Papa Was a Rolling Stone. One of my most favourite songs ever and I can think of at least two fellow Bloggers who will approve.

More fast and loose shuffling next Saturday.


Steve Young - Going Back to California

Sid Griffen - Cadillac Elvis

Kelly Hogan & the Pine Valley Cosmonauts - Papa Was a Rolling Stone




2 comments:

  1. Papa Was A Rodeo is indeed one of the great tracks of all time but I'm sure that lots of people could legitimately claim that Papa Was A Rolling Stone if their libidinous mythology is even half true.

    ReplyDelete