Search This Blog

Saturday 6 July 2024

Saturday Shuffle 59

 


We kick off this week's shuffle of with The Men They Couldn't Hang and The Colours. They also recently appeared on SS53 with Ironmasters  such is the vagaries of the Shuffle. Whilst doing my homework for this piece(hard to believe but there you go) I noticed that Ironmasters had also appeared on SS3. Apologies.

I think this is the first time we have had a doubler but probably not the last. I try and check but clearly I don't always get it right.

Our cover stars Dexys Midnight Runners have also appeared here before but not with Burn it Down from the great Searching for the Young Soul Rebels. At least I don't think they have.

Well over a year in and somewhat criminally the great Glen Campbell is finally making his shuffle debut which were he still alive would have  undoubtedly  been one of the highlights of his long and illustrious career. Although not one of the three big hitters Where's The Playground Susie is yet another brilliant song by Jimmy Webb effortlessly delivered by Glen. This version is taken from the three CD Cherry Red Compilation - I See You Live on Love Street - Music from Laurel Canyon 1967 - 1975.

More random music from canyons and elsewhere next Saturday.


The Men They Couldn't Hang - The Colours

Dexys Midnight Runners - Burn It Down

Glen Campbell - Where's the Playground Susie

1 comment:

  1. Top shuffling CC, finishing with what I personally think is Glen's second best Jimmy Webb recording (we all know what Number One is)

    ReplyDelete