Search This Blog

Saturday 20 July 2024

Saturday Shuffle 61

 


Midnight to Six Man - the Shuffle has only gone and thrown up one of the best singles of all time this week.

I'm talking of course the majestic (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais by The Only Band that Matters Name me a better song ... I'll wait.

Even Shakin' Stevens couldn't come up with anything as good as that but he did do a great cover version of Marie Marie. Written by the great Dave Alvin here is the original version by The Blasters.

You Woke Up My Neighbourhood complains Billy Bragg. I don't think I would be too bothered if it was with any one of these three songs

White Youth, Black Youth tune in next Saturday for more shuffling


The Clash - (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais

The Blasters - Marie Marie

Billy Bragg - You Woke Up My Neighbourhood

1 comment:

  1. 'Do The Hucklebuck' by Coast To Coast. You can stop waiting now.

    Pretty spectacular shuffling.

    ReplyDelete