Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 July 2024

Snap, Crackle and Pop

 


This one is for C who had a notion for some Rice Krispies.

The Jam had an album called Snap but I couldn't  find that many songs with Snap in the title. Thankfully Joe Henderson came to the rescue with Snap Your Fingers.

Crackle proved even harder and I had to settle for Cracklin' Rose by Neil Diamond.

You would think the Pop would be easier. After all it describes an entire genre of music and there is also a band called The Pop Group as well as Pop Will Eat Itself and of course Iggy Pop . 

When I typed pop into the search engine it threw up all the songs listed under the pop genre. There were not that many with pop in the title but I finally went for This is Pop by XTC.

Sorry C I couldn't find any with Rice Krispies in the title. Enjoy your cereal.


Joe Henderson - Snap Your Fingers

Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rose

XTC - This is Pop

3 comments:

  1. Thank you CC. I enjoyed both the Rice Crispies and your song choices. I was thinking you might go for 'Pop Muzik' by M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expertly done, CC. For the middle selection, I could only think of ‘Count Crackle’ and ‘The Return Of Count Crackle’ by Justin Robertson Presents Revtone. As both are instrumentals and between them come in at less than a minute (!) they’re not worthy of jostling for position with Neil Diamond!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C beat me to it with Pop Musik but how about the 1 minute 10 second gem that is Step Back Let's Go Pop by US band The Figgs - pure pop at its purest!! Yet another debt I have to John Peel

    ReplyDelete