Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 July 2024

Keep On Rocking in the Free World

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases # 48 - Neil Young - Freedom 

There are certain artists who if I see albums of theirs that I don't have in a charity shop I will always pick them up. Bob Dylan is one example; Neil Young is another.

I was not 100% per cant sure that I didn't already have Freedom his 19th studio album from 1989 on the Reprise label. A quick check of the spreadsheet confirmed that I didn't have it and it was duly purchased.

I think that some of the confusion was down to the fact that I was familiar with a few of the tracks but I think that may be because they feature on the 1991 live album Weld. He had kind of lost his way a bit in the 80's and Freedom was generally considered as a return to form.

Having said that I wouldn't say that it is particularly startling. It is a bit Neil Young by numbers in places. If you like Neil like I do it is worth picking up

Keep on Rocking in the Free World.


Neil Young - Rockin' in the Free World

Neil Young - Crime in the City (Sixty to Zero Part 1)

The person who handed it in to the charity shop on Battlefield Rd also kindly put a CDR of Razorlight's Up All Night in the jewel case. It has since been binned.

2 comments: