Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 July 2024

CC Revs the CCs

 


New Transport  Tuesday Series Alert!

We are focussing on two wheeled motorised vehicles for this cohort - Motor bikes, mopeds, etc - you get the picture.

Not only has Ernie come up with the title for this series he has also provided six song suggestions. However, the number of songs in this series has  traditionally been four so I will spread his suggestions out over two weeks and add in a couple of my own.

His first suggestion is Brigitte Bardot with Harley Davidson. Someone, I'm sure, who has only crossed his radar due to her musical skills.

Next up is Motorcycle Mama by Sailcat one I am not familiar with perhaps because it comes from an album called One Hit Wonders 1972.

His third suggestion is one simply called Motorcycles by Iggy Pop from his album Album B.

In his e-mail Ernie commented that he hadn't included 1952 Vincent Black Lightning(see picture above)  by Richard Thompson as he assumed (correctly) that I already had it. The cynics among you might be saying that I restricted his suggestions to three so I could sneak this one in before anyone else did and they may well be right.

Three more from Ernie and one from me next week. As always the door is open for suggestions and/or guest posts.

Keep on revving.


Brigitte Bardot - Harley Davidson

Sailcat - Motorcycle Mama

Iggy Pop - Motorcycles

Richard Thompson -1952 Vincent Black Lightning


8 comments:

  1. Quite right to put Mr Thompson in the first post. It is the greatest motorcycle song ever written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh....can I do a guest post please. I'll be on best behaviour. Promise. Swc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just can't get a certain Chris Spedding song out of my head now, even though it's not here! (yet?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Ernie about 1952 VBL. Del McCoury does a fine bluegrass version of it, but nothing comes close to RT's guitar playing on this gem of a song.
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  5. After a quick shufti at those 4 tracks I couldn't see beyond (like everybody else it seems!) Richard Thompson's 1952 VBL. Hard to comprehend but I'd say that that incredibly genius track is unknown to the vast majority of the population which makes it an even greater privilege to know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see 1952 Vincent Black Lightning get the acclaim it deserves.

    I'll have a go... though I'm sure one of my suggestions will be met by rolled eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete