Search This Blog

Friday 12 July 2024

I Like Birds

 


At Newcastle's BlogCom 24  C of Sun Dried Sparrows fame gifted the Bloggers present with a booklet she had drawn up  called A Little Book of Rare Birds featuring bird like caricatures of attendees past and present. This explains why she got in touch with us all recently asking for our two favourite colours! In addition to the book we all got our own individual card which I'm sure that we will all treasure. A lovely and thoughtful souvenir.

As I was thinking that a new series was required this got me thinking about doing one on birds and what better way to start than with Eels and I Like Birds.

They are following by Karine Polwart who is of the view that the little wren is the King of Birds. The Be Good Tanyas also appear to be fans of The Littlest Birds.

The Cramps on the other hand prefer a Surfin' Bird.

More feathered friends next Friday.


Eels - I Like Birds

Karine Polwart - King of Birds

The Be Good Tanyas - The Littlest Birds

The Cramps - Surfin' Bird


7 comments:

  1. More information on the foraging habits of the chica charitis can be found at my place today (although I don't have any fantastic artwork to go with it - C really excelled herself with the book of birds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes, I very much endorse the bird theme - and what a great start to the series, looking forward to more.
    Thank you too for your very kind words; the pleasure was all mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done, C. I want to say more because gushing is required in this case, but I’ll just say I love it. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. This thread can run robin run robin run run without even having to resort to individual species names. Sorry! Good starting selection there especially Eels and Be Good Tanyas - Littlest Birds is my fave track off Blue Horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. * Run Robin run Robin run run run

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my little book too and will treasure my Highland Warbler card.

    Good luck with the new series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Rare Birds' by The Bug Club is worth checking out...

    ReplyDelete