Search This Blog

Thursday 20 June 2024

Just Joan

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases # 40 -Joan Armatrading - The Very Best Of

I've had the Joan Armatrading compilation Track Record on vinyl for years and it is probably all that you would ever need.

I then picked up the CD compilation The Collection on CD as it is an easier format to use on occasions.

Not content with two compilations by her I then picked up The Very Best Of as part of the Dead Dog haul. I justified it at the time as it only cost pennies. A quick comparison with The Collection showed that there were enough different tracks to justify keeping it. My only quibble is that the version of Love and Affection is a remix as opposed to the original. Rest assured that you wont be getting that given there are plenty more great tracks to choose from.

Shamefully this is only her second appearance on these pages.



2 comments:

  1. I picked up a Joan Best Of in a charity shop a few weeks back. It's not any of the ones you mentioned, but it did the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those compilations might have all her singles but I'd urge you to get her individual albums - they're cheap enough online and not uncommon in the charity shops around here. To The Limit to name but one has some fantastic tracks

    ReplyDelete