Search This Blog

Saturday 29 June 2024

Saturday Shuffle 58

 


We went to Newcastle and back by bus and train so no air hostesses were required.

I'm Mandy Fly Me was a top ten hit for 10cc peaking at number 6  in 1976.This was probably about the time that I saw them at the Glasgow Apollo at my second ever concert. I have it on my vinyl album of How Dare You? but this copy is yet another one from Bob Stanley Presents 76 in the Shade which is less crackly.

Jerry Ivan Allison was the drummer with Buddy Holly and the Crickets who had a chart hit in 1958 with Real Wild Child using his middle name Ivan. This is taken from a Mojo compilation Get it On - The Music that made Bolan Boogie. It was recently dispatched to charity but not before I downloaded all the tracks.

We conclude this week with a more recent song namely Moon Song from Punisher a 2020 album by Phoebe Bridgers one I have but don't listen to as much as a should.

More wild children next Saturday.


10cc -I'm Mandy Fly Me

Ivan - Real Wild Child

Phoebe Bridgers - Moon Song

1 comment: