Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 June 2024

On Your Bike - CC

 


I am clearly going to need some help if this series is to continue for any length of time. Following some great contributions from Brian and Ernie it is down to me and boy am I struggling.

So much so that I have resorted to a song which also appeared in my Keep On Trucking series. Here are Kissinger with Truck v Bike.

Next up are Auchermuchty's finest now that Sir Jimmy Shand is no longer with us. Here are the original and best Reid Brothers with Angry Cyclist. There is no doubt that cyclists divide opinion.

Further South in the Kingdom of Fife (just a short cycle in fact) finds us in Dunfermline the home of Dan McCafferty and Nazareth who is proudly boasting about his White Bicycle.

We hop from Fife to France where our German friends Kraftwerk are off to the Tour de France.

More next week if I get some suggestions or Guest Posts. 

Kissinger - Truck vs Bike

The Proclaimers - Angry Cyclist

Nazareth - My White Bicycle

Kraftwerk - Tour de France


13 comments:

  1. Apologies if I've missed it in a previous bike post, but Bicycle Race by Queen? And Pete Shelley's Tour de France theme tune, for Channel 4 in the late 80s? Bicycle Song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Nine Million Bicycles by Katie Melua and, of course, The Pushbike Song by The Mixtures. Something for everyone there... which is my way of saying the quality varies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martin
    A mixed bag there!
    Not sure if I can bring myself to post Queen or the Chili Peppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pete Shelley tune is the pick of the litter, I'd say.

      Delete
  3. I've sent you a post for next week, and it should keep Martin happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Bike' by Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd for me, please, if you haven't already lined it up. Featuring an ageing mouse called Gerald and a clan of gingerbread men, who could resist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll try to come up with a Bicycle post that doesn’t crash into Rol’s, CC. It will include a version of Pink Floyd’s Bike, albeit not sung by Syd…

      Delete
    2. That was me, if you hadn’t guessed already…

      Delete
  5. Billy Childish- Medway Wheelers

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a Half Man Half Biscuit bike song but it's a parody of a trad blues song so can't really count. I've got an unexceptional track, Smokescreen by the Desperate Bicycles which ranked 6 in Peel's 1977 Festive Fifty. Englebert Humperdinck had a passable hit with Les Bicyclettes de Belsize but my star suggestion is Bridges and Bicycles by Milburn. Milburn emerged at the same time as Arctic Monkeys in Sheffield and there's a body of opinion here in the city that Milburn were the better band at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to mention Chris Spedding's Motorbikin' frm the mid 70s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be part of the next transport theme!

      Delete