Search This Blog

Monday 10 June 2024

Trace

 


To show that I am not bitter about discovering there was no CD in the box when I bought Trace by Son Volt in the BHF shop in St Andrews here here is a post about it.

From September 1995 on Warner Brothers  it was the debut album by the band led by Jay Farrar following the break up of Uncle Tupelo . As Wilco also rose from the ashes of Uncle Tupelo there was some discussion about the  respective merits of both debut albums - A.M. in Wilco's case. It seems that Trace by and large got the nod.

As I mentioned the other day I have a digital copy of the extended and remastered 20th Anniversary Remastered edition, But now I'm going to have to get a physical copy aren't I? I think that I will probably settle for the CD version given that the two LPs listed on E-Bay come in at £72.00  and £156.07. The CDs are much more reasonable but I may have to pay a little bit more than the £1 that I paid for an empty box.

Did I say I was not bitter?!

Kids - always check the boxes!


Son Volt -Windfall

Son Volt - Drown

Son Volt - Ten Second News


2 comments:

  1. Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to buy the box again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good album and all, but those vinyl prices are obscene. - Brian

    ReplyDelete