Search This Blog

Monday 22 May 2023

Lido Shuffle

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #51 - Clearlake - Lido

It has been exactly a month since any charity shop purchases featured here and I was beginning to get withdrawal symptoms.
On our recent days away the charity shops of Ballantrae, Port William,Wigtown and Newton Stewart yielded nothing so in desperation a few days ago I hit a few of the local ones. A few purchases but nothing startling.

Clearlake are a band who first crossed my radar earlier this year when I picked up Declaration of Independence an NME compilation of Domino Records acts in Bridge of Allan. In the comments section Rol and Spence both wrote positively about them as they were one of the acts that I featured.
Therefore it seemed a no brainer to pick up a copy of Lido their 2001 debut album on the aforementioned Domino label. 
AllMusic only gave it 1/5 with both Drowned in Sound and NME giving it 9/10. In a nod to the late Len Goodwin I'm going to give it a SEVEN

Spence highlighted a few tracks and I would agree that Jumble Sailing is indeed the pick of the bunch.
It is of coure illegal to post anything with the word Lido in it without a nod to Boz Scaggs.






2 comments:

  1. Ah, many thanks for the name check - I'll be able to tell the missus to add 'Influencer' to my list of sobriquets to go along with 'silly old fool' and 'bumbling idiot'.

    ReplyDelete