Search This Blog

Thursday 4 May 2023

If Jesus Drove a Motor Home

 


New series alert - Jesus songs!

The idea is to share a couple of songs with Jesus in the title. I've got quite a few  so we will see how we get along.

Oh, and lest anyone accuses me of being sacrilegious I will end every post with a gospel song.

Jim White has a good few Jesus songs and it was listening to his album Drill a Hole in the Substrate and Tell Me What You See  when selecting That Girl From Brownsville, Texas for the A-Z of American Cities that inspired this series.

On the album he ponders a scenario that we surely have all thought about at some point in time namely what If Jesus Drove a Motor Home. If this series lasts for any length of time Jim will almost certainly feature again.

Another act who have more than one Jesus Song are Bellshill duo The Vaselines .Today's offering by them is Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam which, as by brother is wont to say, is a bloody good trade in.

Finally for the gospel number I give you Marie Knight with Jesus Met the Woman at the Well.

More soon if I haven't been struck down.

Jim White -If Jesus Drove a Motor Home

The Vaselines -Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam

Marie Knight - Jesus Met the Woman at the Well

11 comments:

  1. BLASPHEMER!!!!

    Needless to say I have a plentiful supply of this sort of stuff in the unlikely event you run short, including a MRJS (Mandatory Reggae Jesus Song)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks
      Think I have one too.
      Probably the same one!

      Delete
  2. You have inspired me to pull out Fire In My Bones - Raw Rare Other Worldy African-A merican Gospel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. worldly. (1944-2007). Playing cd 2 of the 3cd set. A song that remarkably has Jesus in the title. Who'd have thought?

      Delete
  3. Velvet Underground and a good Primal Scream B-side come to mind immediately. Tons of others I suspect too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that’s how you kick off a series. (Thought about saying, “nailed it,” but thought otherwise.) Three for three, my friend. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I don't see Jesus Built My Hotrod by Ministry in this series I shall be very disappointed and probably ask for my money back. Swc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned but read the no refund policy just in case!

      Delete
  6. Great stuff! Might be one for a follow on series, CC, but as a fan of Andrew Weatherall I’d like to see/hear Cloned Christ On A Hover Donkey (Be Thankful) by Two Lone Swordsmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great idea for a series. I'll keep my powder dry for now in the hope that a few of my own faves make the cut.

    ReplyDelete