Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Arcade Fire

 

2023 Charity Shop Purchases #56  Arcade Fire EP

Arcade Fire. Now there is a band that I haven't listened to in ages. For a while they were everywhere .I have their first three albums - Funeral (2004), Neon Bible (2007) and The Suburbs (2010) and nothing since. Neon Bible was a charity job and I bought The Suburbs when it came out. Not sure about Funeral.

I was a bit  intrigued to see this self title EP in my local charity shop as I was unaware of its existence. It has seven tracks and a running time of 33 minutes and 5 seconds which is more than a few LPs that I have.
It was initially released in 2003 before any of their albums and subsequently re-released in 2005 on the back of the success of Funeral. I was familiar with the track No Cars Go as it subsequently appeared on Neon Bible but all the others are new to me. The copy I picked up is the 2005 re-issue. on the Merge label

Recently band member Wim Butler, who is married to fellow band member Regine Chassagne, has been accused of four counts of  sexual misconduct although he claims that all encounters were consensual. The jury is currently out.



No comments:

Post a Comment