Search This Blog

Monday 29 May 2023

Monday Country Gospel

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #54 - Various Artists - Country Gospel

I like Country Music and I like Gospel Music and I have a series about Jesus on the go. Therefore it seemed a no brainer to pick up the above cheap and cheerful Country Gospel compilation on the Dynamic label from 2004 in a local charity shop.

But - there are a few buts.Have a look at the tracklist  No songs about Jesus and whereas songs such as Satisfied Mind and Both Sides Now are excellent I think it is pushing it a bit to describe them as Gospel. The album is Country certainly but not Gospel.

Perhaps I'm being a bit churlish as there are some reasonable songs on it and it only cost me a pound which will hopefully go to a good cause. Pretty Christian of me then.

In the absence of Jesus I've gone for some God, Heaven and Church numbers.

Hank Williams - When God Comes and Gathers His Jewels

Dolly Parton - Letter to Heaven

Patsy Cline -Dear God, I Go to Church on a Sunday

2 comments:

  1. The Patsy Cline is the best of those 3. Is the cd a bird-scarer or a keeper?

    ReplyDelete