Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 May 2023

Trampolene

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #52 -Julian Cope -Trampolene  (Vinyl 45)

I don't buy vinyl singles very often. Indeed I don't have very many. Probably less than 100 and they don't even live in the Music Room. Rather they are in a basket on a bookcase in the upstairs landing.

I suspect it was frustration at the paucity of decent CDs that had me rummaging through the singles box in Barnardo's on Victoria Road.

One I came away with was Trampolene a 1987 single by Julian Cope on the Island label.It was in the UK Singles charts for 6 weeks reaching the dizzying heights of number 31. I'm not altogether sure why I bought it given I have it on my vinyl copy of the album Saint Julian as well as the CD Compilation Floored Genius. I suppose you could say at least  that I now have it on three different formats and that it will please Khayem

Again on the positive side the b-side song Disaster does not feature anywhere else in my collection as far as I am aware. So not a total diasaster then.

Julian Cope -Trampolene

Julian Cope - Disaster

3 comments:

  1. Good 12". Pops up in charity shops/ second hand- they must have made thousands of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will sleep happy in the knowledge that an abandoned Cope 7" has found a new home with a loving family, CC. No problem with having Trampolene 3 times over but worth owning the vinyl for the B-side and that rather fabulous-yet-sinister cover photo.

    As Adam says, if you see the 12", don't hesitate to make it 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a strong memory of buying Trampolene as a 12" single one lunchtime whilst I was on a training course in Leeds. Can I find any trace of it in my record cabinet or spread sheets? Nope. It's unlikely that I've dreamt it so I'll be spending the weekend ripping up floorboards and generally tearing the house apart until I find it!

    ReplyDelete