Search This Blog

Monday 1 May 2023

Do It With Love

 


A couple of years ago Ernie very kindly shared a promo copy of this album by Starry Skies  on the basis that "they are from your neck of the woods".

I was vaguely familiar with them having a copy of Ask the Animals when they were known as Warren McIntyre and Starry Skies. Towards the end of 2001 I saw The Gracious Losers at the CCA when I noticed a poster advertising that they were playing the following week. I went along and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would describe their music as happy pop. Nothing startling but watching them or listening to them leaves you with a smile on your face.

I was in the City Centre the other day and popped into Love Music in Dundas Street. I bought a few CDs and as part of my haul I took the opportunity to upgrade Do It With Love (Foxstar Records, 2020)  from a digital copy to CD

If you like this (and I can't imagine why you wouldn't) their back catalogue is available on Bandcamp at reasonable prices.

Don't you worry baby

Starry Skies - Do It With Love

Starry Skies - Forgotten Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment