Search This Blog

Monday 15 May 2023

The Ornate Lie

 


Around about 2010 I begen to get into some contemporary Scottish singer/songwriters many of whom came from a folk background.

This was helped in no small measure by discovering the album Side Show by a collective called The Burns Unit. The Burns Unit were Emma Pollock, Future Pilot A.K.A, King Creosote, Kim Edgar, Karine Polwart, Mattie Foulds, Michael Johnston and MC Soom T.

The likes of Emma Pollock,King Creosote and Karine Polwart remained on my radar with me subsequently picking up albums by them and catching them live.
The same, alas, cannot be said about Kim Edgar. I picked up her 2010 album The Ornate Lie from the library. Since then nothing/nada/zilch. 
I have been playing it again recently and enjoying it very much. It has made me realise that I need to hear more of her music. Fortunately it appears that she is still going strong something confirmed by her website

Time I caught myself on.


Kim Edgar - The Ornate Lie

Kim Edgar -Blood, Ice & Ashes

The Burns Unit -Send Them Kids to War

1 comment: