Search This Blog

Monday 8 May 2023

Here

 


On my recent foray into town which necessitated a visit to Love Music I picked up not one but two CDs by Teenage Fanclub.

"I can't help it, I'm a Teenage Fanclub completist" as I said to my friend and former work colleague Eric  over lunch as I showed him my haul. Fortunately he found it more amusing than sad.

Here is the band's 10th studio album and was released in September 2016 on their own PeMa label. It was their first record in 6 years and the last one to feature Gerry Love before his departure from the band. They have hardly been prolific since 1997's masterpiece Songs from Northern Britain going from two years gaps between albums to three, then five and in this case six since the release of  Shadows. I suppose that families and real life gradually catch up with most bands.

It was generally well received with Pitchfork giving it a score of 7.8 and writing that it is full of quiet revalations.The hushed production and contented lyrics make for their warmest and sutlest effort to date.

It does indeed have a warm glow about it and is a bit like a comfortable blanket.One I can see me playing on a regular basis when the mood takes me.

You are getting I'm in Love written by Norman Blake which was the only single from the album and from the pen of Gerry Love the perhaps prophetic I Have Nothing More to Say.

Teenage Fanclub - I'm in Love

Teenage Fanclub - I Have Nothing More to Say


We are away this week and time has caught up with me. Therefore there will be a reduced service for a few days.Apologies


5 comments:

  1. Have a great week away, CC. A cracking pair of tunes to leave us with. I completely missed this TFC album at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, time for your monthly holiday. I was getting worried for a moment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Love was an absolutely cracking single. Good hunting on your hols CC.

    ReplyDelete