Search This Blog

Sunday 11 December 2022

Albums on both CD and Vinyl - Faith

 


This is George Michael's debut on these pages. I thought that he may have appeared here before as part of Wham but apparently not.

Ladies & Gentlemen - the Best of and Faith are on the CD shelves with Faith being the sole vinyl abum in the Music Room.From 1987 and on the Columbia label it is his debut solo album 'He wrote and produced every track with the exception of Look at Your Hands which he co-wrote with David Austin.

According to Wiki it is a   "black"  inspired pop-R&B album and Faith's songs include introspective lyrics, which generated controversies about Michael's personal relationships at that time.

The two CDs and one album all belong to Mrs CC and  therefore it is only fair that she gets to choose the tracks.

It is coming up to six years since George's passing.He was a truly gifted artist who will go down as one of the greats with many of his songs standing the test of time.

Excuse the brevity of this post - there is a World Cup on!






3 comments:

  1. This was the first album I bought again on CD, almost as soon as I got my first CD player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, his first appearance around here - Over at my place he's appeared more than any other artist, all kicked off because of his very sad death on Christmas day six years ago.

    I filled the gaps in my GM collection a couple of years back and I approve of Mrs CC's picks. (I also seem to remember she told us she saw Wham! live in concert back in the day - Wow.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyson (I seem to have become anonymous on my PC too now - argh)

      Delete