Search This Blog

Sunday 4 July 2021

Vintage Country Vinyl - The Ozark Mountain Daredevils

 


2021 Charity Shop Purchases 38 - The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - The Car Over The Lake Album

The best thing about The Ozark Mountain Daredevils is probably their name. Armed only with that you could take an educated guess that they were a  long haired Southern country rock band from the 70's

I've got the occassional song by them here and there including three copies for some strange reason of their biggest (and probably only ) hit Jackie Blue but this is the first and I suspect the last album of theirs that I have acquired.

The awfully named The Car Over the Lake Album is their third album from 1975  and is on the A&M lael the cover illustration being borrowed from a poster advertising one of their college gigs. Sadly there are no stand out tracks on the album and therefore for ease and laziness I've gone for the first track from each side.

The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Keep on Churnin'

The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Thin Ice


5 comments:

  1. I thought the first track was bad enough. Then I played the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CC - like you, I bought the Car Over the Lake album on the strength of “Jackie Blue” which was an OK song but I found the rest of their stuff pretty bland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bland. That's the word. Southern rock as elevator music?

      Delete
    2. Me too. There are a couple of OK tracks here and there but once you have 'Jackie Blue' you can happily stop.

      Delete
  3. I've not heard Jackie Blue, but seem to have picked up one other song - Spaceship Orion - somewhere along the way, probably from a mixtape or compilation. That was alright, but these two offerings are the aural equivalent of Stinking Bishop cheese. I'm holding my nose whilst I metaphorically drop them in the bin...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_Bishop_(cheese)

    ReplyDelete