Search This Blog

Saturday 17 July 2021

The Blues Collection - Howlin' Wolf

 


2021 Charity Shop Purchases 46 - Howlin' Wolf - London Sessions
The Blues Collection (no 7)

It's been a while but it is time for the return of The Blues Collection.
Long suffering readers will be aware that between Christmas 2013 and January 2014 I picked up 39 CDs from the Blues Collection in my local Charity Shop
The Blues Collection was a magazine that was produced between 1993 and 1997 with a CD provided with each of the 90 editions.(there are actually 93 in the series)

Ever since I have been scouring charity shops to add to the collection and have even taken the trouble to note down the numbers of those I don't have and keep it in my wallet following the purchase of a couple of doublers.

It came in handy on my recent trip to Oxfam in Byres Road as they had about 8 of them and I was able to check them against my list.
London Sessions by Howlin' Wolf was one I didn't have and needless to say it was quickly snapped up And its a cracker. Recorded in May 1970 it has a stellar cast backing him up -Eric Clapton (lead guitar), Steve Winwood (piano/organ), Bill Wyman (bass), Charlie Watts (drums), Hubert Sumlin (guitar), Jeffrey M Carp (Harmonica) and Ian Stewart (piano)

The 57th Blues Collection CD on the shelves





No comments:

Post a Comment