Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Stranger in the Alps


I bought Punisher by Phoebe Bridgers with some of my birthday money.
Given my warped logic I figure that this enables me now to feature a track from her previous (and debut) album Stranger in the Alps released on the Dead Oceans label in 2017.
Until just reading it I was unaware that the album's title is a reference to the edited-for-TV version of The Big Lebowski. I bet Rol knew that.
The cover is somewhat strange but I quite like it.

This is just a coincidence  (honest) but the featured song Motion Sickness is about her emotionally abusive relationship with Ryan Adams (moral dilemma)

Stranger In The Alps alchemizes sorrow into redemptive beauty. - Josh Modell of the A.V. Club


Phoebe Bridgers - Motion Sickness


1 comment:

  1. I did know that. And I love this album all the more because of it.

    Not got into the new one yet.

    ReplyDelete