Search This Blog

Sunday 12 July 2020

Nick Drake - A Treasury


Nick Drake only released three albums in his short and troubled live - Five Leaves Left (1969),Bryter Layter (1971) and Pink Moon (1972)
Of these only Five Leaves Left currently graces the shelves.
As is often the way there are a number of compilation albums cashing in and delving into his small canon of work. There are at least seven out there.
We have two of them Way to Blue - An Introduction to Nick Drake and the one above Nick Drake - A Treasury. At least one and possibly both are charity jobs.

Mrs CC was playing A Treasury the other night and these two tracks jumped out at me.
Coincidently they are tracks 8 and 9 from Bryter Layter which tells me that it really should be acquired


Nick Drake - Poor Boy

Nick Drake - Northern Sky

4 comments:

  1. Bryter Layter was the first one I brought and is definitely my personal favourite - some great arrangements and Richard Thompson on guitar - although I think some of his fans who like to wallow in the misery find it a bit too chirpy compared to the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally avoid singer songwriters but around 1990, I belatedly gave him a try, I think because I had learned of the John Cale connection. And very glad I did too.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally avoid.......no, on seconds thoughts.......

    ReplyDelete