Search This Blog

Thursday 9 July 2020

3x4x2


For those that can remember as far back to last week which is no mean feat these days I can tell you Band A covered Band B who in turn covered Band C
Therefore this week then Band C will cover Band D who will then cover Band A. Simples

The identities of A,B and C were revealed last week with Band A being the 3 O'Clock and Band B the Bangles. Band C were The Dream Syndicate who I am blaming for all of this given that I am a big fan and it was through them that a found the album 3x4 where the 4 bands cover each other.I won't say swapsies again so as not to offend Spence.

So that leaves Band 4 who are Rain Parade. It is name that I recognise but I can't say that I am thst familiar with their music.
Just to clarify (for me as well as everyone else ) this week The Dream Syndicate cover You Are My Friend which is a Rain Parade song and Rain Parade cover As Real as Real a song from the 3 O'Clock . Easy peazy.

The good or bad news depending on your standpoint it I might get round to doing all this again - twice - at some stage

The Dream Syndicate - You Are My Friend

Rain Parade - Real As Real

1 comment:

  1. Hot dang you went and said it again! Think I preferred the Rain Parade track of the two (I realise it's not meant to be Heaven or Hell that comes later I know) This A-B-C-D thing is interesting cos I was thinking am I basing my liking on the band covering the song or the quality of the song being covered? I haven't got an answer I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete