Search This Blog

Monday 6 July 2020

Heaven or Hell - 11


A victory of almost Curtiseque proportions by Tavares/ Heaven over Neil Diamond/Hell making the scores now Hell 7 Heaven 3.
A quick slap on the wrists for Swiss Adam for spoiling his ballot paper. Sometimes you just have to hold your nose and put an X in the spot.

To see whether Heaven can get two in a row for  what might be the first time in this series we have The Kane Gang with the super smooth Closest Thing to Heaven.
You don't get too many smooth songs abour Hell but Dutch band Bettie Serveert just about pull it off with Hell = Other People. In case you were wondering they are named after a book written by Dutch tennis player Bette Stove. You may remember her as the one who let Virginia Wade win Wimbledon in Jubilee year.

Who's it going to be
Heaven or Hell, the choice is yours.

The Kane Gang - Closest Thing To Heaven

Bettie Serveert - Hell =Other People

11 comments:

  1. Kane Gang, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kane Gang a bit too smooth for me, so the vote goes to Hell

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way on god's sweet earth I could ever vote for the Kane Gang, thus it's a hold-your-nose vote for Bettie Serveert and a vote for Hell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bettie, because Hell really is other people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not too smooth for me - It's another vote for The Kane Gang. I seem to be coming down on the side of Heaven more often not in this series. I'm not sure if that's because I'm female or because I warm to the kind of smooth music that refers to heaven. Let's see what next week brings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bettie and Hell, most definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bettie Serveert - based on one hearing. There's another search and potential investment coming ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on commission from your bank manager RD!

      Delete
  8. Kane Gang too smooth for me too so Bettie Serveert all the way. First time I've heard both these songs but part of the KG song make me think he's going break into Ace's How Long and to level things up BS reminds me of Kirsty MacColl's version of A New England. If any lawyers sees this I'm not suggesting either melody was pinched, oh deary me no, not in a million years.

    ReplyDelete