Search This Blog

Thursday 23 January 2020

Journey to the Dark Heart of 60's Pop


A wee change from the wall to wall country that I appear to be have been subjecting you to recently.
Paint it Black is a Mojo compilation from March 2016 which I picked up towards the end of last year in a charity shop. I meant to feature it at the time but it looks as though I forgot

It's got a fairly decent track list  with a number of acts that you will recognise and a few that you probably wont.
As far as I can ascertain most of the acts are British but I'm starting with a cult band from Austin, Texas namely the 13th Floor Elevators with a spot of psychedelia.

This is followed by Down Down by  The Silence from an album called Rare Mod. Before you get too excited Jez it is NOT a cover of the Quo classic.

Finally we have the Lloyd Alexander Real Estate which I have chosen for their name as much as anything else.

More country soon

The 13th Floor Elevators - Reverberation (Doubt)

The Silence - Down Down

The Lloyd Alexander Real Estate -Whatcha Gonna Do (When Your Baby Leaves You)

No comments:

Post a Comment