Search This Blog

Monday 25 November 2013

Charity Chic Music - One Today!


Charity Chic Music celebrates it's first birthday today!
It is kind of hard now to imagine life without it.
It has proved to be a great stress buster in a year in which there has been a lot of family illness.
It has also led to a lot of CDs and records I haven't listened to for ages being dusted down and played and  to me buying more music than I have done for a good few years defying the myth that home taping is killing music!
Thanks to Mrs CC for all her support and encouragement although I suspect she is secretly glad to see me sloping of to the muso room to do my stuff!

Without boring you with statistics, and taking on board Dirk's suspicion as to the veracity of Bloggers statistics, I will simply say that the equivalent of the population of Airdrie (that is the town as opposed to the football team Drew) have viewed pages over the year.
More interestingly the views have come from every conceiveable country on the planet .Hello to my recently arrived new friends in Poland and Malaysia!

Thanks to all the bloggers featured on the right, and of course to Luca, for their support, comments (mostly kind) and the occasional link or MP3.
You all appear to be like minded individuals with excellent musical tastes. Indeed, I rarely venture much further for my daily musical fix these days.
I've never had the pleasure of meeting any of you, with the exception of George, but I have taken the liberty of considering you as true friends.

Here's to the next year and beyond!

The Tune Weavers - Happy Happy Birthday Baby

Kathy Young & the Innocents - Happy Birthday Blues

apologies if these appear on your screen as Altered Images songs - technical gremlins

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday CCC. Nicely worded post. Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done CC and as SA says keep on etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just one year?! I would have sworn this site is on much much longer ... but there you go ... happy Birthday anyway and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Charity Chic Music and thanks for the mention. May your hands get dusty by dipping in bargain bins for many many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words
    PS Dirk - it just seems longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to read it was a pleasure meeting me

    ReplyDelete