Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 April 2024

Mike Mills Presens ....

 


I'm cracking on with the cull of compilation CDs currently in boxes as there is no room for them on the shelves.

As things stand about 40 or so, mostly from Mojo and Uncut, have been downloaded on to the hard-drive and stuck on a memory stick prior to going to charity (hidden under clothing in case they are reluctant to take them!.)

The R.E.M Collection Disc 1 - Mike Mills Presents an Uncut compilation from July 2005 was on the pile and very nearly went before I had second thoughts. 

The reason? Just look at this tracklist. The vast majority of the 14 tracks are from bands that I have a great deal of time for. I probably already have about half the tracks  but I couldn't let it go.

It is appeared on these pages once before when Green on Red and Jason & the Scorchers featured. This time round it is the turn of The Dream Syndicate, The Replacements and the Long Ryders.

Mr Mills certainly has good taste

The Dream Syndicate - Medicine Show

The Replacements - I Will Dare

The Long Ryders - And She Rides


The Blasters are on the phone - they want a word!



2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, CC. I had the Peter Buck one, with the same REM exclusive & an equally great track list. I also digitised the tracks but my CD didn’t get a reprieve from the recent charity shop cull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preconceptions eh? I'm sure I've heard Dream Syndicate's stuff before and not been especially impressed but I really liked this track you played. Is It atypical? It does happen you know. A mate of mine on hearing I liked the Gun Club's Breaking Hands, chuckled away to himself that that particular track was like nothing else of theirs - he was right!

    ReplyDelete