Search This Blog

Monday 22 April 2024

Musical Mum Memories

 

Steve Earle?


I was in the car the other day with Mrs CC and her mum when Emma by Hot Chocolate  came on the USB player. I regaled them with the tale that I was once doing the dishes with Steve Earle on the cassette player. 

"Who's that?" asked my mum "Steve Earle" I replied. "Is that the bloke from Hot Chocolate?" she replied. " No mum that's Errol Brown". Close but no cigar.

Then there was the time when the Clash were on. "Is that Spanish Bums that they are singing?" Again close but no cigar.

Finally when Blue Monday by New Order was playing she thought there was something wrong with the plumbing!

Miss you mum.

Hot Chocolate - Emma

The Clash - Spanish Bombs

New Order - Blue Monday


5 comments:

  1. I am now going to search for a song called Spanish Bums

    ReplyDelete
  2. and of course my searches were met with predictable results

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big smile. Thanks, CC. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, lovely. And I'll never be able to hear Spanish Bombs again without thinking of this now!

    ReplyDelete