Search This Blog

Friday 26 April 2024

The Home Nations - 5

 


A pictorial representation of the Home Nations for you this week.

England is obviously the biggest of the four nations but it gets to go first for alphabetical rather than size reasons. Today's English offering comes from a true English gentleman Nick Lowe who sings about The Rose of England.

Northern Ireland next with the O'Neill brothers Damian and John making their second appearance in this series. The first time round it was as part of The Undertones. This time it is as part of That Petrol Emotion. They would rather cross the ocean than make a big decision. The best song this week by a country mile.

For Scotland this week I have chosen a song about Glasgow my home city. Here are local band Sister John with Glasgow is a Rainbow a song which has also been covered by fellow Glasgow band The Bluebells

I had absolutely no idea that the band The Automatic were Welsh. This is probably because I know absolutely nothing about them other than they had a monster hit with Monster.

I'm beginning to struggle with this series so it will be the final instalment next Friday


Nick Lowe - The Rose of England

That Petrol Emotion - Big Decision

Sister John - Glasgow is a Rainbow

The Automatic - Monster

2 comments:

  1. If you would like to keep the series I have plenty of Welsh stuff I could send you and maybe a few things from Norn Iron too. Or I could do a guest post featuring only songs in Welsh if that would be of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Northern Ireland takes it for me this week.

    I appear to have missed a whole week of posts. Not sure what I've been doing. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete