Search This Blog

Sunday 7 April 2024

Sunday Highway Songs


 

While sorting out some Mojo and Uncut CDs to go to charity I stumbled across a version of Lost Highway by Billy Bob Thornton. This got me thinking as to how many versions of this song I have. Quite a lot is the answer.

There are probably enough for a Single Song Sunday but I don't want to tread on Ernie's toes. Therefore I looked at all songs I have with Highway in the title and there are a barrel load. Certainly enough to keep a series going for a good few weeks.

Let's start then with Billy Bob. Then we have a couple of Scottish acts to keep him company The blues rock band Stone the Crows , who included Alex Harvey's brother Les and Maggie Bell among their members, weigh in with On the Highway. Finally we have the Radio Sweethearts a band I saw at King Tuts countless times supporting Americana acts with their single Heading on Down the Highway.

We will be heading down some more highways next Sunday.


Billy Bob Thornton - Lost Highway

Stone the Crows - On the Highway

Radio Sweethearts - Heading On Down the Highway


3 comments: