Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 April 2024

On the Buses 2 - Another Guest Post

 


Another Bus Guest Post - none for ages then following Brian along comes Khayem

The bus has pulled up at your stop K

You waited for ages for a bus and...Then Four Buses Came Along At Once. Quite literally, as that’s the title of my first offering, courtesy of Neil Hannon and The Divine Comedy circa 1998.

The other single deckers trundling into view are the Night Bus To Dalton by Bad Manners and Magic Bus, originally by The Who but here by the rather worryingly named Swervedriver. Who knows where they’ll end up?

What about the other one? Oops, Der Bus Is' Schon Weg or the bus is already gone, for those of you without an O Level German fail like me. Personally, I blame Nena for standing at the bus stop with 99 bleedin’ red balloons. I mean, would you let her on?!

CC writes:
Many thanks for these Khayem - four new to me songs or in the case of Magic Bus a new version. I suspect that German buses are probably much more efficient than ours.

Does anyone else wish to extol the virtues of the humble Omnibus?







2 comments:

  1. Fantastic and varied selections, K. Wish I had thought of the Divine Comedy. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic and varied indeed Brian

    ReplyDelete