Search This Blog

Saturday 27 April 2024

Saturday Shuffle 51

 


A pretty eclectic trio for you today.

We start with BR-549 a Nashville band who treaded the margin between alternative country and rockabilly. You are getting  Even If It's Wrong from their eponymous  debut album. A word of advice. Only buy stuff of their which has a hyphen in the band's name. When they lost the hyphen they lost the talent.

Today's cover stars are Glasgow's all  female Punk band The Hedrons with I Need You from their 2007 debut album One More Won't Kill Us. It was followed up recently, some 17 years later, with Tired of Talking on LNFG

We conclude with the Lion of Zimbabwe himself Thomas Mapfumo with the Blacks Unlimited. Today's offering is Handina Munyama which translates from the Shona as I Am Not Unlucky - I was born right. The Spirits of my ancestors look after me. I know that I have the right parents and the right friends because of their deeds.

More eclectic nonsense next Saturday

BR5-49 - Even If It's Wrong

The Hedrons - I Need You

Thomas Mapfumo & the Blacks Unlimited - Handina Munyama

2 comments:

  1. When I lost my hyphen, a similar thing happened to me. You should have seen me back in the -day-!

    ReplyDelete