Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 April 2024

On the Buses 3 - Mystery Tour

 


No guest posts this week but we have a bit of a mystery tour. I found a folder called Bus Songs in my Music file with the five tracks below.

I only had one of these elsewhere so I expect that they were provided by someone else (Ernie perhaps) following on from my Bus Pass Day post.  I've had a scout around and haven't got to the bottom of it yet.

It seems only fair that we include the songs in question. 

First up is British psychedelic rock band Dantalian's Chariot  with Fourpenny Bus Ride. This has got me thinking that George might be involved! It seems that it is taken from Chariot Rising originally released in 1967 with a re-issue from Cherry Red in1996.

Next up is Midnight Bus by Betty McQuade appropriately from 1961 the year of my birth which made me eligible for my Bus Pass. It seem that it is taken from Lux & Ivy's Favorites Vol.17 if that helps with identification.

Third on the list is Tyler Childers with Bus Route. Apparently he is an   American singer and songwriter. His music is a mix of neotraditional country, bluegrass, and folk. .I'm none the wiser.

Nuru Kane is a Sengalese singer which strongly suggests that Ernie is indeed the culprit. Number One Bus is the title track from a 2009 album. I'm a 4 or a 6 man myself.

Finally we have Professor Nuts with Ina De Bus which is the only one of the five included on my Bus Pass Day selections.

Something more mundane next Transport Tuesday unless some guest post comes winging in.


Dantalian's Chariot - Fourpenny Bus Ride

Betty McQuade - Midnight Bus

Tyler Childers - Bus Route

Nuru Kane - Number One Bus

Professor Nuts - Ina De Bus


4 comments:

  1. It was me. Some of these featured in the bus posts I did over at my place during the time they call The Great Intransigence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all shiny new bus songs to me. Looking forward to giving these a spin. Thanks Ernie and CC. - Brian

    ReplyDelete