Search This Blog

Thursday 25 April 2024

Broken Chanter at Stereo

 


On Saturday I was at Stereo to see Broken Chanter as part of their tour to launch their new album Chorus of Doubt recently released on Chemikal Underground  records.

I also managed to attend the launches of the two previous albums - Broken Chanter (CCA ,2019) and Catastrophe Hits (Glad Cafe, 2001). Not a bad hat-trick there.

I had the pleasure of bumping into JC who greeted me with a profanity the reason being my armchair supported team Dundee United had just pipped his team Raith Rovers to promotion from the Championship to the SPL. Good luck in the play offs.

JC is friendly with David McGregor (see my rubbish picture above) and recently attended a listening party  featuring the new album and also very generously gave away two copies of the album as part of a competition.

To the show. I was delighted to see that the support was Raveloe who had also supported them at the Glad Cafe. As per the last time she was excellent and you could do worse than picking up some of her stuff on Bandcamp.

David was joined by Bart Owl on guitar, Charlotte Pinter on bass and Audrey Tait on drums and they put on a stonking show. I'm pretty that all the songs from Chorus of Doubt featured with a few older songs not to mention David's amusing patter.

All in all an excellent evening. I'm listening to the album as I type and I strongly recommend that you get a hold of it.

One from each of the three albums in chronological order

Broken Chanter - Don't Move to Denmark

Broken Chanter - Extinction Event Souvenir T-Shirt

Broken Chanter - Knock My Pan In


Mike from Manic Pop Thrills gives an excellent review of the Edinburgh and Dundee shows

4 comments:

  1. As soon often happens with you lot over there and your wealth of great bands to see, I’m green with envy. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Teenage Fanclub may be playing Seattle Brian

      Delete
    2. Yes, indeed. Pretty excited about that one. - Brian

      Delete
  2. It was really good to see you at the gig, CC.

    The band were in top form, and the new album is proving to be one of my favourites of 2024.

    Oh, and I don't really grudge your team taking the Scottish Championship. It was merited over the course of the season.

    ReplyDelete