Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 June 2021

Golden Sings That Have Been Sung

 


2021 Charity Shop Purchases 35 - Riley Walker - Golden Sings That Have Been Sung

Riley Walker is a name that pops up from time to time in our little corner of the blogosphere. I think that Ramone has definately featured him and probably one of two others.

I thought that I would pick up the CD of Golden Sings That Have Been Sung from 2016 on Dead Oceans to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm still not entierly sure although I suspect that it  is one that will benefit from a few listens and will almost certainly be a grower.Described as psychedelic rock or folk rock it is his third album. He seems to be pretty prolific given that he has released around ten albums since 2014.

To me there are some obvious comparisons to Jonathan Wilson and the stuff that Ripley Johnson is doing with the Rose City Band which I really like.

Maybe that's just The Halfwit in Me

Ryley Walker -The Halfwit in Me

Ryley Walker - I Will Ask You Twice



1 comment:

  1. The first time I saw him he invited the very sparse audience to join him in the pub across the road after the show. He returned the following year to find the venue 2/3 full and the last time he came to town it was a sell-out.
    I really think that Ryley's music will grow in stature as time passes. It's intricate and well crafted, yet accessible at the same time.

    ReplyDelete