Search This Blog

Thursday 17 June 2021

Wrecking Ball

 


2021 Charity Shop Purchases 32  -Bruce Springsteen -Wrecking Ball

The final CD from my recent Victoria Road haul and the 3rd by Bruce Springsteen. I would like to say that I have saved the best to last but unfortunately the opposite applies.

Bruce Springsteen has released 20 studio albums.Wrecking Ball from 2012 is his 17th and may very well be his worst. I only say maybe as I haven't heard 2014's High Hopes.

I can see where Springsteen haters are coming from when I listed to this one - shouty anthemic  jingoistic numbers with little substance to them.. There is even a bit of ill advised rapping included for goodness sake.

I am maybe in a minority given that the lead song We Take Care of Our Own was nominated for three Grammy Awards and Rolling Stone deemed it to be the best album of 2012.

Bought to replace a burn and only the completist in me ensures that it is a keeper when it really shouldn't be.

Bruce Springsteen - We Take Care of Our Own

Bruce Springsteen - Shackled and Drawn



3 comments:

  1. I only say maybe as I haven't heard 2014's High Hopes.

    I don't mind Wrecking Ball, but I can see where you're coming from.

    That said, High Hopes is much, much worse. Steer clear of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only one I haven't got in some format or another so still might be tempted!

      Delete
  2. High Hopes does have Dream Baby Dream on it though. Not a patch on the solo live versions, but still worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete